District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) is an organization who strives to be the voice of all parents in School District 43. It is made up of representatives of each schools’ PAC. Our DPAC representative acts as a liaison between Meadowbrook Elementary PAC and DPAC 43, and represents the views and opinions of our PAC, and our parents, at district level.
DPAC43 often presents parent education workshops on a variety of topical issues, which are free to all parents to attend. We will post details of these events as they happen.
Visit the DPAC43 Website for more information.
Summary of DPAC Meeting on October 25, 2017:
- Beginning of the meeting reflection of the past two years and the highlights were reduction of class sizes and new technology funding
- Change to streamline catchment area process assignment now excludes parent consultation.
- Future capital funding for playgrounds and seismic upgrades
- New district report card templates were discussed
- In future there will be more automation of jobs so kids will need more critical thinking skills and that is the new curriculum, approx. 40% students become disengaged by secondary school so hopefully changes in the curriculum will engage more students
- New performance scale E = excelling, M = meeting, A = approaching, N = not yet meeting expectations
If you would like more information or have questions, please contact Rob Fournier, Meadowbrook DPAC Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org